About the Villa dell’Artista
The five-bedroom farmhouse is set on a hill, off of a paved country road through a private gate. This is a very private residence with views in all directions of rolling, wooded hills. On a clear day, one can see, in the distance, the Leaning Tower in Pisa. The house was recently restored and the interior designed by the finest craftsmen with respect for both Tuscan traditions and the highest standards of modern amenities. It has six modern bathrooms, five bedrooms, and four fireplaces. All the fireplaces are antique—the living room fireplace is particularly spectacular and is from the 16th century.
The house is filled with light and inviting open spaces. The first floor opens to the outdoor terrace and pergolas from four pairs of large wooden doors (from the original stable). There is outdoor dining under the pergola and a covered outdoor living area. There are walled gardens, a 60-foot long inlaid mosaic pool, and an outdoor pizza oven.
In addition to the beautiful architecture, Villa dell'Artista is proud to have an extraordinary, authentic Tuscan cook named Anna. Anna is the embodiment of the soul of the villa and her care and attentiveness is consistent with our commitment to providing a higher-level Tuscan experience.
Rooms & Amenities
In addition to the beautiful views and total privacy, the house is equipped with WiFi, two flat screen cable televisions, two DVD players (European and American), stereo surround sound in the living room, and a state-of-the-art security system. There are 5 bedrooms, all en-suite—4 large bedrooms, 2 on each floor, plus a smaller one on the ground floor. All decorated in pastel tones, with antique pieces of furniture, exposed beams and terracotta tiles. All 5 bedrooms are air conditioned and all windows and doors have screens throughout the house.
The kitchen, dining room, salon/card room and living room all open onto the outdoor terrace and pergolas through four large arched doors (the original stable doors).
- Kitchen: Fully furnished, equipped for fine cooking, opens to dining pergola and outdoor living room. There is an adjacent pantry with a second large refrigerator and ice machine.
- Dining Room: Table seating for 10. Fireplace and access to the outdoor terrace.
- Large Salon/Card Room: Access to the outdoor terrace
- Living Room: 16th century fireplace, with television, DVD, and stereo with access to the outdoor terrace.
- Bedroom #5: Queen bed, fireplace, en-suite bathroom with shower and air conditioning.
- Guest Bathroom: Access to outdoor terrace.
- Entrance Hall: The front door opens from the front lawn and leads into the library.
- Library: A beautiful room with a large table and collection of Italian history, literature and travel books, and WiFi access.
- Bedroom #1: Master bedroom with king bed, fireplace, stereo, very large en-suite bathroom with tub, rain shower and air conditioning.
- Bedroom #2: King bed, stereo, desk, fax and WiFi access, en-suite bathroom with shower and air conditioning.
- Artist’s Studio: Beautiful restored hayloft with desk, fireplace, sitting area, TV, stereo, DVD, and WiFi access, with french doors opening to the front lawn.
- Bedroom #3: King bed, desk/reading area, en-suite bathroom with shower and air conditioning.
- Bedroom #4: Two twin beds or one king bed, desk/reading area, en-suite bathroom with tub, shower and air conditioning (extra beds or crib can be added).
- Set in a nature reserve with rolling hills in all directions
- Dining area under pergola
- Outdoor living room under a connected second pergola
- 60' inlaid mosaic tile pool
- Pizza oven
- 40 acres of olive trees and vineyards with an aromatic herb garden, a large vegetable garden, and a fruit orchard
- Easy road access with a private gate (uses a remote “Genie”) and parking area
- Housekeeping: Housekeeping service seven days per week: Monday–Saturday: 8am–2pm; Sunday: 9am–1pm.
- Breakfast: Continental breakfast served every morning until 10am. Guests pay for their own groceries.
- Internet: WiFi internet and local phone service included. Long distance phone service extra.
- Pool cleaning and service: Pool heating is not needed during summer months. In the fall and winter, pool heating is extra.
- Air Conditioning: In all 5 bedrooms.
- House heating: Available in winter months.
- Gardener service
- English-speaking coordinator
- More: Fresh flowers throughout the house upon arrival. Restaurant recommendations, nearby sights and excursions with directions available on-site.
Additional services are available, such as lunch, dinner, special pizza dinners under the pergola, food shopping, additional housekeeping, laundry, childcare, car service.
Also available, upon request, are special guest services including tours, wine tasting, cooking courses, marble quarries, yoga, spas, picnics, hiking, dinner preparation and service (great pizza dinners from the pizza oven).
Please inquire for more information.